We are looking for a creative, fun and passionate Nursery assistant or qualified nursery nurse to join our team, working across Cambridgeshire in childcare settings. We work with many types of settings, nurseries, reception classes, covering sickness and vacancies on both a short term and long-term basis. We offer flexible work BUT due to building up a good reputation we are really busy, which means that you can pick and choose the amount of work that you accept from us.
The role of a Nursery Nurse / Nursery Assistant involves:
- Ensuring the care and education of young children (right from babies to school age)
- Interacting with parents and carers
- Working in a variety of childcare positions, including crèche assistant, nursery assistant, preschool assistant.
- Having lots of creative fun with mud kitchens, singing, outdoors equipment!
To be a Nursery Assistant or nursery nurse, essential criteria;
- Experience of working with children under the age of five. Experience can be in many forms so please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss further.
- We do not require formal childcare qualifications but the experience is essential.
- A DBS (Criminal Records Check) or be willing to do one.
- The ability to smile, even when being asked ‘but why?’ for the 10th time…
- In-depth knowledge of Paw Patrol, Bing Bunny and all things CBeebies
- Being able to embrace your inner child and join in with singing, dancing and animal impressions
- Not be phased by arriving in a clean t-shirt and leaving in one covered in mud, paint, mashed banana and / or slug trails (especially in Winter).
In return, we offer;
- Highly competitive rates of pay, inclusive of holiday pay
- Any hours needed, right up to 40hrs/week.
- Support from an experienced team of early years and education staff, within the office
- The opportunity to try different settings, and apply for permanent jobs within your favourites
- Flexible work, to suit student life, family commitments, and other situations. Term time only or holiday work is available.
- PAYE – no umbrella companies
- No need for commitment in terms of how much or little you work.
- Continual professional development and training opportunities
At Clearly, we are committed to ensuring the safety of all children and promoting their welfare. We expect ALL our staff to adhere to this and show the same commitment when working within the schools and nurseries across Cambridge. All successful applicants will be put through safeguarding checks and have an enhanced DBS check which will be put on the update service.
Here at Clearly Education, we value diversity and we recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture, and that this difference brings great strength. Applications from candidates with protected characteristics are welcomed.
For more information contact our Cambridge branch: